Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pad Thai, People I Missed (and Pate)

This week's post is brought to you by the letter P.

Last night I made Pad Thai... in my pad on K.  With G.  Who I have missed more than I thought I would.  It is interesting how someone that was not a part of your life 9 months ago can leave a void when they are gone for 4 days... especially when the 4 days have been frosted with chaos with a dash of crazy.

The Pad Thai was flavorful and so was the conversation and the tunes.   Sprinkled with broccoli,  shitake, garlic, good humor and Mumford and Sons--- some of the dinner, conversation and music lingered over into today. 

K Pad ThaiRice Noodles
4 tablespoons Rice Vinegar

2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
4 tablespoons Peanut Butter
4 tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Dash red pepper flakes
Garlic, 2 cloves
Broccoli
Shitake
Scallions
B
asil
Crushed cashews

Cook the rice noodles and move to the side.  Saute cashews, broccoli, shitakes with garlic and sesame oil.  In another pan add peanut butter, vinegar, soy and tomato paste.  Add water to thin.  Add sauteed veggies and noodles.  Serve with chopped scallions, basil and cashew.  Best eaten with crisp white wine. 

My Pad Thai is a little different, much like everything I do.  It is more a cross between peanut noodles and traditional Pad Thai

(Conversation centered around music, Nashville and a weekend check-in.  Mumford and Sons can be downloaded at iTunes--- a special thanks for L and another G for turning me onto them.)

And to follow the P movement and my need for alitterations to be in threes, recently I have been into Pate.  Yes, pate.  Specifically Salami Pate from Brabo or Country Pate from Grape and Bean---both in Old Town, or the OT as I call it.  It is not vegan, vegetarian or healthy but it does intrigue me.  Look for recipes coming soon from me and my colleague KC as we experiment with this new culinary delight. 

No comments: