Tuesday, April 20, 2010

5 Things that Make this Foodie Happy

It is Wednesday and I am happy to report that I have already been delighted at least 5 times, culinarily (tm sdp) speaking.

Just a few of the things that have made me happy, thus far:

1. One Falafel Pita from Zorkafor's SandVeg.
I have walked by this place 400+ times less than one block from my office and never stopped. This week I did. Delightful service, delightful food, delightful price. Plus they had an entire bar of veggies and sauces you could add. 

2. A Dozen Muffins Eaten By My Intern.
I made super healthy, Stacey style buckwheat, bran carrot zucchini nut muffins for the office.  No one would eat them.  No one but Bobby.  Good ole' Bobby (Bert or Bob). And he has eaten all of them.  He may just feel obligated but I secretly think he really likes them.  Either way it makes me happy (but concerned for his digestive track).

3. Bacon Wrapped Scallops. 
Served with horseradish dip.  At a party with free wine.  Eaten while meeting great new gals.
Done. Done. and, Done! 

4. Cherry Chocolate Chip Soy Ice Cream.
Last night my Minnesotian BeFri made me buy it.  And the Mango Soy Icecream.  And watch Reality Bites for the second time in three days.  I have a love/hate relationship with her (says the gal still snacking on the frozen treat, thinking of Ethan Hawke).

My colleague sent this to me, hours ago.  I am inspired to make many, many things.  Tonight.  Instead of doing all the things I should do.  Love it.  Love her. Love procrastination. 

No comments: