Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ginger from the Ginger...

For the first time the other day I was referred to as a Ginger.  I don't know, I think I liked it.

Reflecting on my new nickname and the Chinese New Year I decided to cook with this zesty root... and alot of it.

Tonight at Chaos on K, I created what might be my best chicken dish ever (yes, chicken again).  There was little chaos but a lot of good tunes, a variety of flavors and later surprise company that made for one tasty evening.

Ginger's Chicken
1 lb Chicken Breast, cubed
5 inches ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups shitake mushrooms
2 cups edamame, shelled
3 scallions, chopped
Juice of one lime
5 tablespoons of honey
5 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions
Saute chicken with half the garlic and ginger until brown.  Add remaining garlic and ginger, soy sauce, honey, lime juice and vegatables.  Simmer for 15 minutes on low.  Serve with or without rice. 

For the Tunes
Merry Happy- Kate Nash
Spies- Coldplay (Live)
Everywhere- Vampire Weekend
Gray or Blue- Jay May
Weight of Lies- Avett Brothers
I Turn My Camera On- Spoon
Mango Tree- Angus and Julia Stone
The Funeral- Band of Horses
Me and Her- DMB
Sort of- Ingrid Michealson (Live)

For the Company
Add a good friend, old or new, that shows up and makes your night.  Just make sure he or she loves your food, appreciates your music and most importantly makes you laugh! 

No comments: