Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chaos in Minutes...

Move over Rachel Ray... you may have 30 minute meals but I can beat that!
Sometimes I am amazed with how fast I can whip up a meal. Really. Those people who say they have no time to cook... Who are you? and Would you pay me to teach you how? Seriously, I need a job.

I had a spontaneous dinner date last night with about 15 minutes to prepare. Nothing like a game of "Make Do With What You Got"-- good thing I have good things in the K St. Kitchen. Upon arrival I had made an Asian Salad and Tempeh with Peanut Sauce. If given more time and flexibility of ingredients I would have served the tempeh over spinach with scallions on top. But hey, I will save that for a 20 minute meal episode...

Peanut Thai Tempeh
1 package 3 Grain Tempeh
1 Tomato Crushed
1/8 cup of Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons Vinager
1/2 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 Tablespoons EVOO

Brown Tempeh in 2tbsp EVOO and then set aside. Crush tomato and add in saute pan with 2tbsp of EVOO. Add soy sauce, vinager, red pepper and salt. Simmer. Add peanut butter and tempeh and toss. Serve warm with crushed peanuts.

The salad, I must admit was a replay from Monday's picnic so see that recipe--- no judgement, I told you I was playing "Make Do With What You Have".

A little chaos, some quick cooking and a lot of great conversation... sometimes that is all a gal needs, especially on a Tuesday night. Well, that and really great mix playing in the background. . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

need a little pic of this wonderful creation :) i LOVE anything asian inspired. maybe you can make this when I come visit?? :) :)