Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday Night Fridge Clean Out

Yes, it is Saturday night and I am cleaning out my refrigerator. With a pending move and the house on the market at the end of the week, I am using every moment. So far today I have emptied all closets, packed up my winter items, purged five bags of clothes and three bags of shoes (GASP). I also painted porch furniture, pressure washed patio and walked seven miles. I am a woman of accomplishment that is VERY HUNGRY.

I have made up two very good treats today playing a little game I like to call: Make Do With What You Have.

1. Strawberry Green Tea Shake
I am convinced that this is my new favorite energy, hunger ending drink. I brewed an especially strong cup of green tea (2 bags) added honey to taste and then mixed in blender with ice, frozen strawberries and a scoop of plain yogurt. So refreshing and the protein in the yogurt was filling.

2. Asparagus, Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Salad
Luckily, my fridge ALWAYS has produce and good cheese... even if it is scrounging time. I boiled pasta in water with salt and EVOO. When almost done I added chopped asparagus and cooked until pasta was cooked, yet firm. I drained and while hot added half a sleeve of goat cheese, salt, pepper, juice of one lemon and cut roasted red pepper. After 30 minutes in the fridge it was such a yummy, make-do dinner!

*Scott is biased but he said that the salad was the best pasta salad he had ever had. I am just saying...*

No comments: