Thursday, May 14, 2009

More from the Luau...

Well... I am packing up Jess's food and sending her on her way to the makings of a yummy party. I love how the Key Lime Squares turned out! (See to the left)

Also on the menu:
Fruit and Chicken, Fish, Steak Kabobs
Coconut Crab Dip (see previous entry)
Melon, Asparagus, Procuitto Salad (see previous entry)
Margarita Cake with Coconut (see previous entry, add cup of coconut: half in cake, half to icing)
Pinapple Spread (see previous entry)
Key Lime Squares (see previous entry)

and finally... my new favorite salsa recipe:

Mango Lime Salsa
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 JalapeƱo chile, minced
1 small cucumber, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste with saltand pepper. If the salsa ends up being a little too hot or acidic for our taste, you can temper it by adding some diced avocado.

I am heading to take care of my sick mom and cannot be there for the festivities but congrats my dear friend, I am proud of you! Love you!

No comments: