Monday, May 11, 2009

Chaos and Coconut????

I am contemplating a name change due to my new love of this fruit... I am digging it way more than chicken. Hold on, is coconut even a fruit?

I am preparing to make appies and desserts for a graduation Luau on Saturday. I am using lots of new recipes and a lot are filled with coconut. I must sample them before the real deal... right?

Today's sample is: Coconut Crab Dip. Yes, that is right- coconut and crab. Delicious.
I think that I will serve this in coconuts but I am still contemplating on the chip... baked plantains? Pita?Coconut Crab Dip
Ingredients:
1/3 cup well-stirred unsweetened canned coconut milk
3 scallions, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh jalapeño chile, including seeds
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
1 lb jumbo lump crab meat, picked over and coarsely shredded
1/4 cup shredded coconut

Preparation
Blend coconut milk, scallions, jalapeño, and 1/4 cup cilantro in a blender until smooth and pour into a bowl. Whisk in mayonnaise, juice and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro until just combined. Stir in crab and salt to taste and serve spooned on ____________.

To be continued...

No comments: