Thursday, August 13, 2009

One pot perspective. . .

I realize that since I moved my operation to the Chaos on K one month ago I have cooked with only one pot. This pot, given as a present, was the source of great controversy in my last house... in this house it is the source of everything tasty. Funny how perspective, roles and outcomes can change in the matter of 30 days.

At the Eastern Market this Saturday I picked up beautiful eggplant, heirloom tomatoes and basil. I combined these items with onion and garlic for a Mediterranean feast for one.I started with the onion, garlic, eggplant and olive oil and later simmered in the tomatoes on low creating a ragu of sorts.I ate this dish hot and plain with fresh basil on top and a sprinkle (or two) of fresh Parmesan and the next day cold. I think that for pasta eaters it would be great with couscous or whole wheat pasta.

No comments: