Sunday, August 23, 2009

Love! Love! Love! Creative food options...

After a great day off enjoying the warm, not humid sunshine of the city, I met a friend at Bar Pilar on 14th Street for a snack and a glass of wine and was pleasantly surprised at the creative food options on the menu. I left both satisfied and inspired. This is the true test of a restaurant in my book. If I can leave wanting to re-create the dish or simply create something else then I have had a good experience. Pair this with good ambiance and great company and I will be back so soon. (Not to mention good wine and beer options!)

We were not very hungry but enjoyed Swiss Chard with Blue Cheese and Sour Cherries and a Sweet Corn and Parmesan Soup. The gal next to us was eating a Roasted Beet Salad that looked amazing. So many small plates and vegetarian options under $9 and the menu also had very temping meat options including a crisp bronzini with caper olive relish! I bet the calamari would be amazing, too!

With two small outdoor tables and a cozy outdoor scene, this is yet another 14th St restaurant I will frequent again...

No wonder this street was rated #1 Restaurant Street in DC, 2009. What a great way to start the Restaurant Week Celebration!

No comments: