Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Funny How Life Is...

I am finding that lately my days are filled with pleasant and unpleasant coincidences. I think about someone and they call... I think "wouldn't it stink to be locked out" and I walk out without my keys. Luckily for me the positive far exceeds the negative.

Today, my coincidental surprise was of the tasty sort.

I was in VA at Crate and Barrel when spied Cheesecake Factory. I normally hate a chain restaurant but this is one that is an exception. They have an amazing salad adorned with a Cilantro Peanut dressing that I could drink if it was appropriate to. Recently they have been selling it in-house and today I kicked myself for not going in and purchasing it. I mean, seriously Stacey, it is $8 and you were there.... but I did not buy it and I regretted it since 11:03 a.m.

This evening at Trader Joes they were sampling Spicy Peanut Slaw and as any good, hungry, money saving customer I sampled it... and there it was... my dressing.... here, three blocks away, $1.99 I find a Spicy Peanut Cilantro Dressing that was so good I gobbled my salad before I could photograph it for you. (And yes, I have incorporated meat back into my diet, only slightly

Spicy Peanut Salad with Grilled Chicken
Grilled Chicken Strips
Chopped Red Cabbage
Chopped Cucumber
Chopped Snow Peas
Arugula
Mixed Greens
2 tablespoon Spicy Peanut Cilantro Dressing
Toss and Serve.

Served with the wine of the day from Best Cellars--Monarc Oliverhia Irsay and tunes from Brandi Carlise (who I plan to see October 7th!!!!!), it was one of the best meals I have had in a while. In honor of my recently read book I ate slow, with wine and good tunes... I was just alone, but not lonely. Now, tomorrow I will focus on employment of the permanent, well paying type, good hair and a fun evening... We will see what surprises these thoughts will bring me.

No comments: