Sunday, December 13, 2009

Finally... after nearly 8 months you get chicken!

I know... seriously.  Why did I name the blog Chaos&Chicken if I never cook chicken?  The same reason I cooked a $70 organic turkey two Thanksgivings ago and did not eat it.  Its simple, I really make no sense.

Tonight not only do I have one chicken recipe, I have two.  At Chaos on K we are feast or famine, all or nothing and just plain crazy in between, with little rhyme or reason. 

On a cold, rainy night after a very long weekend that included too much fun, too much work and too little holiday shopping, all this gal wants to do is relax, cook and listen to good tunes.  You know--- less chaos, more chicken.  To be true to this want, I purchased one rotisserie chicken* and turned it and the items in my fridge into two fabulous soups that I will take for lunch all week. So easy, fast, mostly healthy and I multi-tasked--- my fridge and kitchen are now clean!   

Ginger Chicken Soup
1/2 of rotisserie chicken, chopped
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup mushrooms
1/2 container of chicken stock
1 inch ginger, grated
5 stalks parsley
salt and pepper for taste

Saute carrots, celery, onion and garlic for both recipes.  Divide and add chicken stock, chicken, ginger and 1/2 of parsley.  Cook on low for 30 minutes.  Add remaining parsley, mushrooms and salt/pepper.  Cook for 10 more minutes.  Serve warm. 




White Bean Chicken Chili

1/2 of rotisserie chicken, chopped

1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 clove garlic
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 can cannelloni beans
1 sm can green chilis
salt and pepper for taste


Saute carrots, celery, onion and garlic for both recipes.  Divide and add cannelloni beans, tomatoes, green chilis, chicken, remaining stock and cream.  Cook on low for 10 minutes.   Serve warm.

*one of only two meats I will eat on bone, the other is lamb shank.  I will still never eat a wing, a chicken leg or even speak to you if you eat the large turkey legs served at festivals.  This is much, much progress in my neurotic, make-no-sense- type of world.  I know, I am very complicated and am not for figuring out.  Seriously, do not try, it is a lost cause!

No comments: