Sunday, December 13, 2009

Chaos&Christmas Mix, 2009

Finally, my friends, I have found my spirit!  Apparently it was covered in glitter, located right under my Warm Wishes Holiday Mix, circa 2006. 

While cleaning my apartment I found an old holiday mix CD.  As I listened and loved, I decided that it was time I quit my scroogey ways and start making my way down Christmas list.  Every year I try to make the holidays homemade, chaos style.   Friends and family get some sort of half purchased, half created gift most ALWAYS comprised of a mixed CD and cookies.  I am very predictable.   This is serious business as lots of thought goes into it into the right mix of ingredients and music.

It's too early to start on the cookies (Rach, I might use your nice oven when I dog sit) but I now have the makings of a Chaos&Christmas 2009 Mix.  The list needs some editing but here is what plays in the background as I make two fabulous soups in my apartment now filled with holiday spirit.  The melodies are comprised of familiar, new, upbeat and melancholy... just like 2009.

Jingle Bell Rock    The Ventures          
All I Want for Christmas    Matt Costa   
The Man With the Bag    Jane Monheit       
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow    Michael Bublé           
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer    Jack Johnson 
Pennies from Heaven    Louis Prima          
Merry Christmas Baby    Otis Redding          
No Christmas for Me    Zee Avi  
White Christmas    Sonya Kitchell            
Spotlight On Christmas    Rufus Wainwright 
Santa Baby    Eartha Kitt           
The Heartache Can Wait    Brandi Carlile        
2000 Miles (Live)    The Pretenders            
Baby, It’s Cold Outside    Dianne Reeves & Lou Rawls          
I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm    Billie Holiday         
Winter Song    Sara Bareilles &Ingrid Michaelson
Christmas Song    Dave Matthews &Tim Reynolds   
River    Herbie Hancock Feat. Corinne Bailey Rae
Last Christmas    Coldplay

*Not all were available on iTunes, so iMix is missing several tracks*

Happy Holidays! 

No comments: