Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Whole Lot of Inspiration

Sometimes when I am not sure what to cook I wander around Wholefoods.  I hate to admit that I am my mother's daughter and LOVE a grocery store.  Especially if the grocery store is nice and full of gourmet ingredients.  I rarely go with a list but always an open mind.  As most of you know, on Sunday's I prepare several "scoop-able" options for the week so that I make good choices when I am busy.  I am a habitual breakfast and lunch packer!  When I am at a loss for culinary inspiration I hit the salad bar at Wholefoods for ideas.  (Sometimes I have to purchase a scoop to taste for ingredients).  One of my favorite's is their Curry Tofu Salad.  I finally re-created it tonight borrowing a recipe online and adding a dash of Stacey to the mix. 

Curry Tofu Salad
Serving Size: 4

Ingredients:
2 packages Tofu, extra firm, diced and seasoned with 27 Seasoning from TJs
4 tbsp. Olive oil
1 large Red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup kale
1/2 cup chopped asparagus
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 tsp. Ginger powder
1 tbsp. Curry powder
1/2 tbsp. Soy sauce
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1 tbsp. Lime juice, fresh
1 bunch Green onions
1/2 cup Raisins
1 package Almonds, slivers, honey roasted

Directions:
1. On a baking sheet add seasoned, lightly brushed tofu.  Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.  Cool.

2. In a separate bowl, add curry powder, ginger, soy sauce, salt and coconut milk. 

3. Mix everything in a bowl, and add raisins, shaved almonds, green onions, and lime juice at end. Stir.

No comments: