Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Roasted Red Pepper Chickpea Burgers

I just noticed that my past two out of three entries have been with Quinoa... I told you it was my favorite new SUPERFOOD! Today, with all my new time, I pre-made dinner before I went to class (I teach until 8 p.m. It turned out so yummy that I had to share. Sorry no picture :(

Roasted Red Pepper Chickpea Burger
1 can of chickpeas
1\4 onion
1/4 jar roasted red pepper
Teaspoon + cumin, red pepper, curry, salt, pepper
1 cup homemade bread crumbs (3 slices fiber flax seed bread)
1 egg
1 cup cooked quinoa

Put in food processor and then form into patties. Refrigerate for 2 plus hours. Brush with evoo and bake for 10 minutes each side at 350...

Garlic Avocado Sauce
1 avocado
1 minced clove of garlic
3 tablespoons greek yogurt
juice of lemon
pinch salt and pepper
Process til smooth

I served in romaine boats. And PS- Made 11 burgers so froze some. I will let you know how they are reheated.

No comments: