Saturday, September 6, 2008

Next on Grocery list- Lope!

When I was in highschool I always packed lunch and then some treats for my friends (I guess some habits I never grow out of :) ) One of Michelle's Stone's favorites was "Lope", just a simple chopped Canteloupe that my mom always had fresh on hand. Wonder if Chell would like this recipe?



Thai Cantaloupe Salad with Chile

Serves 8
1 large ripe, fragrant cantaloupe, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
1 diced jalapeno or (for more heat)
Thai red chile, seeded or not
1/3 cup thinly sliced basil leaves or cilantro
3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon fish sauce, or to taste
Generous pinch sugar
Course salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large serving bowl, gently combine all the ingredients. Taste and add more lime juice, fish sauce, sugar or seasoning to taste. You can serve this with long bamboo skewers so people can spear chunks of cantaloupe from the bowl.

No comments: