Monday, November 2, 2009

Very Cool Gift

So, some of my favorite gifts this weekend were time spent together, a mailed pumpkin, dark chocolate treats, mixed CDs and a great Kenneth Cole Bracelet. My most unique gift was Granola. Yes, Granola.

A dear, thoughtful and creative friend gifted me a "Make Your Own Mix"
at MixMyGranola.com. A very innovative company that I recently learned was almost a client of the PR Agency I work for. With my $15 I logged on to the site where they walk you through choosing a base granola (I chose an organic Mussolini) and then you get to customize it with all sorts of good things. Dried strawberries, blueberries, raisins, Goji berries, kiwi chips... the list of fruit goes on and on.

Then you get to the nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, pepitas — over a dozen choices! Then there were the potential mix-ins: protein enhancers, coconut shreds, yogurt pretzels, even M&Ms.

I stayed away from the chocolate (I know, will power, right? ). I will report back on the taste but the concept is awesome. It was fun to shop for my ingredients online over coffee this a.m. Fun gift for health contentious friend or a student at school. Gift rating, A+... you are in the lead KTK... seriously :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Glad you enjoyed it :) LOVED seeing you!!!