Tuesday, January 15, 2008

30 equals 30 ingredients. . .



Why is it that I have to make a big deal over everything. Lauren, Scott's sister turns 30 on Wednesday and she is visiting with us. I want to have all of her favorite things for dinner and of course it is now 4 courses...

Last night I went to the grocery store to retrieve the ingredients and there were like 26... let's just say 30 for the purpose of the story. After 2 hours of prep so tonight will not be hectic and $100 later we have the start of what I hope is the best meal EVER. The bottom line is, Lauren is simple. She would be happy with anything... But, I love it so....

Menu
Mushroom Ginger Soup (I know, I still love it)
Asian Salad with Cabbage and Oranges
Crab Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Roule
Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Citrus Cream Cheese Icing

Revelation:
Cupcakes taste just as good from a box. SHHH... do not tell
Icing is merely SUGAR :)

I did substitute the eggs and oil with a diet Dr. Pepper. Amy Harris said this was so good and it is!!!! YEAH! Lots of chemicals but less calories.

Also, realized that food processor serves as a wonderful mixer.

Happy 30th, LT. We LOVE you!

No comments: