Thursday, April 30, 2009

A gal can only dream...

Isn't great that people are getting book deals and later movie deals off of their blogs...

I just saw the trailer for a movie adapted from one of my favorite books- Julia & Julia.Great book for anyone that loves to cook or that knows what it is to need more than what life is serving you. Julia was on the verge of turning 30, trapped in a series of unfulfilling temp jobs, and living in a dreadful apartment in Queens, New York. That’s when she decided to break the monotony by attempting to make all 524 recipes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. One year later, Powell had achieved her goal, documented her experiences on one of the most popular blogs on the Internet, and began the award-winning, bestselling book. I laughed out loud on most chapters... I love her blog, her book and hopefully the movie.

Meryl Steep plays Julia Child and a gal that I do not know plays the other Julia (I always imagined that Julia Stiles would play her but the no-name actress works...)
Check out the clip!

Hmm... don't you think Chaos and Chicken would be a good book title... or Shop Girl Speaks? God knows I have the stories...

No comments: