Thursday, February 28, 2008

Who Knew??? Now I am in Trouble!

Okay, I missed the memo that one of my favorite culinary treats was SO EASY!!!!

A week or so ago I was craving coconut (when I say coconut, I mean coconut macaroons!) so Jill said why don't you just bake some, they are SO EASY. Not that I don't trust my dear friend but I did not beleive her. These little pieces of decadence seem so delicate... how would I ever live up to the moistness I was dreaming of. Ah, the challenge. . . .

So, before I headed to Annie Kays to gather the ingredients I googled the recipe to make sure
coconut, condensed milk, vanilla and one egg was all I needed. Low and behold, Jill was right!

So... 20 minutes later there I was, nibbling on one of my favorite treats. And the recipe makes a lot (shhh... I told Scott I burned the first batch but I really ate them all.... OOPS).

Cookoo for Coconut Macaroons

Ingredients:

3 cups coconut
1 can condensed milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 egg white


Whip together, spoon onto greased pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes (check after 8, some batches cooked faster. Makes about 32. Eat and tell your husband you burned half :)

No comments: