Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Healthy Preacher Cookies

My friend and business partner brought me a comfort food staple a week ago---
Preacher Cookies. These devilish delights are laced with lots of sugar and butter
but are so easy and so good that I decided to attempt a health friendly version:

1 tablespoon butter
1/2 c. splenda (or to taste)
1/2 c. plain yogurt
3 lg. tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
3 lg. tbsp. milled flaxseed
1/4 c. dark chocolate cocoa
1/4 c. chopped nuts
1/4 c. chopped dried plums
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. oatmeal

On stovetop, mix and heat for 3 minutes (butter, . Remove from heat and add rest of ingredients. Place on waxed paper by the spoonful. Let cool and ready to eat.

People in the south call these Preacher Cookies because they are fast to cook in case the Preacher drops by unexpectedly... Not sure I have a "Preacher" to stop by but definitely
aids my sweet tooth!

No comments: